06/12/2014 (press release: JaturontThan)
By Kittima Chanwattanasil
June 12, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand – Thailand’s political problems in the past year have led many innocent people to suffer. The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) comprises the Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters, Royal Thai Army, Royal Thai Navy, Royal Thai Air Forces, and Royal Thai Police. NCPO seized control of the government in a coup. Its main purposes are to resolve the political crisis, and to return peace and order to the country.
The coup took place on 22th May 2014. General Prayut Chan-o-cha, the head officer of NCPO, gave the media his reasons it was necessary to take control of the nation:
1. There were widespread political conflicts throughout the society among Thai people. As we saw, these conflicts were leading Thailand to the breakdown of law.
2. The protesters from both parties, the Red Shirts and the People’s Democratic Reform Committee, were trying to overpower each other. This caused many widespread problems in the nation.
3. The Yingluck government couldn’t resolve the conflict or arrest the perpetrators.
4. The last election the Yingluck government ran was not accepted as democratic by much of the nation. Another Yingluck election could cause even more strife.
5. The political problems have lasted for nine years, affecting Thai people every day.
6. Corruption has been on the rise while many cases are still waiting to be judged by the courts.
7. Law enforcement did not enforce the law on all political parties, inciting political demonstrations and rallies, which led to violence.
8. During the political conflicts, the national administration couldn’t govern.
9. The conflicts caused Thailand economic problems, particularly in tourism.
10. The monarchy was harassed both secretly and openly, which violates constitutional laws and created resentment among Thai people who are loyal to the monarchy.
11. Many armed forces from unknown parties prepared to take action. Rather than let that happen, NCPO needed to resolve the political crisis and restore peace and order to the country.
The most important thing is that NCPO respects democracy. Its decision was based on the fact that our three main branches of government – executive, legislative, and judiciary – were being undermined by the political situation. NCPO therefore had to protect democracy by clearing out troublemakers whose games threatened to ruin this country. NCPO have maintained its efforts to make the country stronger and foster it into a fully functional democratic kingdom.
Social Media Tags:Royal Thai Army, Thai Coup, NCPO, The National Council for Peace and Order
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com