Bethesda, Maryland, USA, 06/01/2015 /SubmitPressRelease123/
HM King Mohammed VI arrived, on Thursday, May 28 , in Bissau, for an official visit to the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, second leg of an African tour that will also lead the Sovereign to Côte d’Ivoire and Gabon.
At the Osvaldo Vieira international airport of Bissau, the sovereign was greeted by the President of the Republic of Guinea Bissau, His Excellency José Mario Vaz.
Afterward, HM the King accompanied by President José Mario Vaz chaired at the presidential palace in Bissau, a ceremony to present the agricultural partnership between the Kingdom of Morocco and the Republic of Guinea-Bissau.
The two heads of state also chaired the signing ceremony of 16 partnership agreements in the different areas of cooperation.
– An agreement on security and local governance between the two countries’ interior ministries, signed by foreign minister Salaheddine Mezouar and minister of domestic administration Octavio Inocencio Alves.
– An agreement on visa abolition for holders of diplomatic, service or special passports, inked by Mezouar and minister of foreign affairs, international cooperation and communities Mario Lopes Da Rosa.
– An agreement on non-double taxation and tax evasion regarding income taxes, signed by Mezouar and Mario Lopes Da Rosa.
– An agreement on investment encouragement and reciprocal protection, inked by Mezouar and Mario Lopes Da Rosa.
– A draft agreement on justice, signed by Mezouar and justice minister Carmelita Pires.
– A cooperation agreement on fisheries and aquaculture, signed by agriculture minister Aziz Akhannouch and state secretary for fisheries and maritime economy Ildefonso de Barros.
– A cooperation agreement on agriculture signed by Aziz Akhannouch and minister of culture and rural development Joao Anibal Pereira.
– A Morocco-Guinea Bissau-FAO tripartite agreement as part of south-south cooperation, signed by Akhannouch and Joao Anibal Pereira, and on FAO’s side by Joachim Laubhouet-Akadie.
– A framework technical cooperation agreement on infrastructure, signed by equipment minister Aziz Rabbah and José Antonio Cruz Almeida, minister of civil engineering, construction and urbanism.
– A cooperation agreement on health signed by health minister El Houssaine Louardi and public health minister Valentina Mendes.
– A framework cooperation agreement on mining signed by energy and mining minister Abdelkader Amara and minister of natural resources Daniel Gomes.
– An agreement on handicraft and social and solidarity-based economy signed by handicraft minister Fatema Marouane and minister of women, family and social cohesion Blony Nhama Namtamba Nhasse.
– An agreement between the national office for electricity and drinking water (ONEE) and Guinea-Bissau’s electricity and water company (EAGB), signed by ONEE director general Ali Fassi Fihri and EAGB director general René Barros.
– A partnership agreement on solar energy development between the Moroccan Agency for Solar Energy “MASEN” and the ministry of energy and industry signed by Mustapha Bakkoury, chairman of MASEN’s board of directors and Carlos Pinho Brandao director general for energy.
– A cooperation framework agreement on vocational training, signed on the Moroccan side by Larbi Bencheikh, OFPPT head, and Abderrahim Kadmiri, director general of the Moroccan agency for international cooperation, and on Guinea-Bissau’s side by Marcelo Pedro d’Almeida, director general for cooperation.
– A framework agreement on scholarships and internships in Morocco for Guinea-Bissau’s students, executives and technicians, signed by Abderrahim Kadmiri and Marcelo Pedro d’Almeida.
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Like Us on Facebook