Dallas, TX, 01/14/2016 /SubmitPressRelease123/
DALLAS, TEXAS – Jan. 13, 2016— Heroes for Children – a unique nonprofit that provides financial and social assistance to families with a child battling cancer – has announced its 2016 board of directors. The board will guide strategy and initiatives for the organization to ensure that no family with a child battling cancer fights alone.
Executive Director and Co-Founder: Larissa Linton
2016 Executive Board of Directors:
Chairman of the Board: Britton Sudduth
Vice Chairman of the Board: Thor Hoppess
Secretary: Kim Bannister
Treasurer: Tyler Rudd
2016 Board of Directors:
Co-Founder: Jenny Dowen
Stan Goldman M.D.
2016 Advisory Board – Dallas
Linda Armstrong Kelly
Suzanne Bock Grishman
Mary Martha Pickens
2016 Advisory Board – Houston
Mary Lou Kiley Seattone
Alissa S. Maples
Heroes for Children relies on the leadership of the board of directors to help alleviate families’ worries, giving them comfort and a brief respite from the everyday challenges of fighting cancer through the organization and execution of the following events and programs:
· Heroes and Handbags luxury handbag auction and luncheon is hosted each spring in Dallas and Houston.
· Golf tournament is played annually in the Dallas and Houston areas.
· Heart of Gold 5K and Fun Run is held in the Dallas area each September in honor of National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
· Hold’em for Heroes poker tournament is played each fall in Austin, Dallas and Houston.
· Movie Day treats families served by Heroes for Children to a day at the movies – including fun-filled games, prizes and sweet treats.
· Holiday Heroes offers full holiday joy to the families it serves throughout the year. Each holiday season, social workers choose families in need from hospitals across the state of Texas served by Heroes for Children. Families selected for the program are “adopted” and receive gifts for the entire family.
· Laptops for Love donates new laptops to teenagers battling cancer. This unique program provides teens with a link to the outside world while undergoing cancer treatment and allows them to keep up with their schoolwork while away from the classroom.
About Heroes for Children
Heroes for Children is a unique nonprofit organization that provides financial and social assistance to families battling childhood cancer. Since 2005, Heroes for Children has helped alleviate families’ worries, giving them comfort and a brief respite from the everyday challenges of fighting cancer and care giving. Since its inception, more than $5.5 million has been given to 4,200 families in need. To learn more about Heroes for Children, please visit http://www.heroesforchildren.org.
News Provided By: Submit Press Release 123
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Like Us on Facebook