Ava, Illinois, United States, 02/29/2016 /SubmitPressRelease123/
When it comes to grass-fed beef and grain-fed beef the difference for consumers isn’t as obvious as we would believe. According to the Mayo Clinic, “Grass-fed beef generally comes from cattle that eat only grass and other foraged foods throughout their lives. Often, conventional beef cattle eat a diet that includes grains, such as corn, at some point. The difference in the diets of the cattle changes the nutrients and fats you get from eating different types of meat.”
You are what you eat
The negative stigma associated with red meat is fueled by the thought that, meat is meat. It portrays that no matter what an animal is fed, the nutritional value of its products remain the same, that is false. The diets animals consume profoundly impact the nutrition content of its products. Dierks Farms Grass Fed Beef & Produce was founded on the basis of grass-fed beef even before the health benefits were brought to light.
The nutritional differences with grass-fed beef produce more health benefits than other types of beef that don’t. Grass-fed beef is:
· Naturally leaner than grain-fed beef
· Contains antioxidant vitamins, such as Vitamin A and E
· Lower levels of unhealthy fats
· Higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids (good for cardiovascular health)
· Higher levels of omega-6 polyunsaturated fats (good for brain function, growth and development)
· Lower levels of dietary cholesterol
· Great source of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) a fat that reduces the risk of cancer fighting properties, obesity, diabetes and other health problems.
The benefits of grass-fed beef go beyond nutrition. Confinement factory farming is less sustainable and does more harm than good to the environment. For example: on well-managed pasture-based farms such as Dierks Farms, animals evenly spread their manure over the soil and it becomes a natural organic fertilizer. Excrement in factory farming builds up and produces pollution and stress on the animals and workers. Dierks Farms is dedicated to raising animals in a human fashion that is better for you and the environment.
Pasture farming positives:
· Grazing grass requires much less fossil fuel
· Grazing animals fertilize and harvest on their own
· Green pastures enable the ability to harvest solar energy
· Carbon dioxide is effectively removed from the atmosphere, helping to slow global warming
Healthy, Happy Living
Since 1881, Dierks Farms has been committed to our animals, customers and our environment. Our grass-fed animals live a stress free life roaming our beautiful 340 acres of pasture in southern Illinois. Our tireless work is constantly motivated by our family’s health and your family’s health as well.
Dierks Farms will begin shipping our beef Monday, March 14th. You can place your order on our website beginning on Monday, March 7th. Remember use the code Cookit and receive 10% off your order. Dierks Farms is on Kickstarter. Donate and help us expand our farm to meet the current demand of grass-fed beef and you can save over $50 a box in comparison to buying our product individually.
Social Media Tags:Grass Fed Beef, Paleo, Healthy Living, Healthy Eating
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Like Us on Facebook