Dallas, 08/30/2016 /SubmitPressRelease123/
Dallas Nonprofit Among 19 Recipients Receiving Funds
Transformance Inc., a Dallas-based nonprofit dedicated to creating an integrated services delivery model for economic empowerment, has received funding from the South Dallas Fair Park Trust Fund Board. At the board’s 2016-2017 annual reception held on Thursday, Aug. 25 at the Discovery Garden at Fair Park, CEO Ken Goodgames accepted the endowment and praised the occasion.
“We’re absolutely honored and humbled to be counted among the grant recipients chosen by the South Dallas Fair Park Trust Fund Board,” stated Goodgames. “We worked hard putting together our funding request and this grant will allow Transformance to continue our outreach of providing financial coaching and other integrated services to Fair Park’s communities.”
The mission of the South Dallas Fair Park Trust Fund is to empower the Fair Park community by working to facilitate economic, housing, community advancement, business development, and community service programs. Last Thursday’s event included a full reception, speeches and check presentations. Opening remarks were given by Fair Park Trust Fund Board Chairman Maurice Franklin. Closing remarks were provided by Franklin, vice-chair Byron Lattimore, and director of the board’s office of economic development, Karl Zavitkovsky.
In total, the South Dallas Fair Park Trust Fund awarded over $750,000 in funding to 19 different nonprofit organizations for the 2016-2017 calendar year.
Transformance will use their funds to expand the outreach of Pocket Change Kids, their gamified financial education and learning platform designed to teach the basics of saving and other financial literacy lessons to grades K-5.
For more information, please visit www.transformanceusa.org.
About Transformance Inc.
In 2015, the agency will have delivered more than 125,000 consumer interactions through financial coaching, outreach and education. In 2016, the agency expects to serve up to 1 million low and moderate income families with transformative financial learning solutions accessible online and through a new mobile app.
Since its founding in 1974 as Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Dallas, the agency has empowered clients to overcome adversity and attain their financial goals. Services include credit/budget counseling, financial education, housing counseling, individual debt management and bankruptcy counseling. Transformance provides the following programs and services:
• Provides a national nonprofit resource dedicated to confidential and professional counseling to assist financially distressed or economically vulnerable families
• Develops and fosters community educational programs on family money management, budgeting and the wise use of money and credit
• Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with the credit community, employee assistance programs, professional counselors and community-based social service agencies
• Provides opportunities for economic empowerment of low and moderate income families and with a particular focus on at-risk communities such as seniors, military families, veterans, communities of color and single, female-headed households
• Enables good financial knowledge early in life through its focus on education of students (K -12) and their parents through agency strategic partnerships
Transformance Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded in 1974 and is a United Way Service Provider as well as HUD-approved multistate housing counseling and education organization. The agency is formally accredited every four years by the Council on Accreditation for Children and Families (COA) to ensure compliance with top industry standards and best practices. The agency has its headquarters in Dallas, Texas, with satellite offices in Arlington; Austin; Amarillo and Ardmore, Oklahoma.
To read more about Transformance Inc., or for an annual report, visit http://www.transformanceusa.org.
Transformance Media Contact:
Senior Account Manager
Social Media Tags:Transformance, Nonprofit, Dallas, Pocket Change Kids, Financial
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Like Us on Facebook